Bosley Data Breach Class Action Settlement
Claim Form Deadline: July 7, 2022
Payout: Up To $5,000
Proof required: Yes
Method of payment: Mailed Check
What's This Settlement About?
A $500,000 class action lawsuit has been settled with Bosley, Inc. Bosley is a hair restoration, transplant company that markets and sells hair resotration products and services such as non-surgical hair growth. The lawsuit claims that Bosley was responsible for a Data Incident that breached user's and customer's personal information. The class action lawsuit asserted the following:
• Breach of confidence,
• Violation of California's Unfair Competition Law,
• Violation of the California Consumer Privacy Act,
• Breach of implied contract,
• Violation of the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act
• Violation of the California Customer Records Act,
• Violation of the Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act
• Violation of New York General Business Law § 349,
• Intrusion into private affairs,
• Invasion of privacy and declaratory Judgment.
How Do I Qualify?
You are included in the Settlement Class if you were notified by mail of the Data Incident
in 2021, and you were a person residing in the United States whose personally identifiable
information (PII) was potentially compromised in the Data Incident. Members of the Settlement
Class who were residing in the State of California at the time of the Data Incident are also
included in the California Settlement Subclass.
How Much Can I Get?
The Settlement will provide payments of $50 to $5,000 to people who submit valid claims. There are two broad types of general payments that are available:
• Ordinary Expense Reimbursement, eligible to receive reimbursement of up to $300 per person in total, and
• Extraordinary Expense Reimbursement - For class action members who had other unreimbursed fraudulent charges or out-of-pocket losses and/or lost time incurred as a result of, or in resolving issues and losses caused by the Data Incident, are eligible to
make a claim for reimbursement of up to $5,000 per person.
You may submit a claim for either or both types of payments. You must also provide proof of
your class membership in the form of either:
A. Unique "CPT ID" and Passcode provided in the notice you received by postcard or e-mail; or
B. Your Name and one of the following:
• Physical address you provided to Bosley for hair restoration services, employment, or inquiries
for the same or
• E-mail address provided to Bosley for hair restoration services, employment, or inquiries for
In addition, California residents who are members of the California Settlement Subclass are
eligible for a California statutory damages award of up to $50.
How Do I File a Claim?
If you were notified of a data breach impacting Bosley by mail in 2020, you might be eligible for a payment from a class action settlement.
Claim forms are availabe online, or you may request one by mail by calling 1-888-281-3953, or
by emailing [email protected].
The Court will hold a Fairness Hearing at 1:30 p.m., on August 5, 2022, Los Angeles, California.
For more class actions keep scrolling below.
Coppertone Sunscreen Settlement