National Grid TCPA Robocall Settlement $50.90 Payments Sent
Updated: September 12, 2022
Settlement Status: Payments Sent 09/07/22
Claim Form Deadline: Passed
Proof required: No
Method of payment: PayPal /
Mailed Check / Venmo
What's This Settlement About?
A $38,500,000 Settlement has been settled in a class action lawsuit involving National Grid. The class action paid out checks of $50.90 to hundreds of thousands of qualified class action members and claimaints. Find out how you can qualify for up and coming open class actions below. The details of the National Grid settlement pertain to certain claims that National Grid and its debt collectors made calls with automated dialers and/or prerecorded or artificial voice messages to cellular telephones related to:
1. The payment or status of a current or past National Grid Utility Account or bill;
2. An “important matter” concerning a current or past National Grid Utility Account or bill;
3. A disconnect notice concerning a current or past National Grid Utility Account;
4. An invitation from National Grid to attend a Customer Assistance Expo or to meet with or speak to the National Grid Consumer Advocacy Group, National Grid Consumer Advocate, or National Grid Credit Department;
5. The availability of a government assistance program, such as the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP), to assist with payments to National Grid, all without the prior express consent of the persons called. Plaintiffs allege that this conduct violates the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act. National Grid denies those allegations and disputes that it did anything wrong. If the Settlement is approved and becomes final, National Grid will pay thirty-eight million five-hundred thousand dollars ($38,500,000.00) into a settlement fund.
How Do I Qualify?
You may be included in the Settlement Class if you are a person residing in the United States who, from March 9, 2011 until October 29, 2021, received a telephone call on a cell phone using a prerecorded or artificial voice from National Grid related to any one of the five reasons outlined above.
What Can I Get?
It is estimated by lawyers involved in this class action that settlement payments will range between $50 and $150 per Settlement Class Member, although the actual amount could be higher or lower. Settlement Class Members' payment amounts will be shared equally among all Settlement Class Members who submit valid Claim Forms, after the deduction of settlement costs and attorneys' fees and expenses awarded by the Court.
In addition to the settlement payments, if the Settlement is approved and becomes final, National Grid will revise and institute certain changes to the outbound calling policies and practices of its Credit and Collections department and Consumer Advocacy Group, including to end the use of prerecorded or artificial voice telephone calls to persons who do not consent to receive those calls to a cellular telephone.
How Do I File a Claim?
To receive the $50.90 payout, you must have submitted a claim form by
May 12, 2022. This settlement is now closed.
What if I Missed The National Grid Class Action Settlement?
Look for other Class Action Settlements that are currently ongoingand get notified of new ones as they come in by subscribing to receive updates here:
For more class actions keep scrolling below.
Nestle Coffee-Mate Class Action
Wesson Cooking Oil Settlement
Ford Class Action Lawsuit
Deadline: 180 Days After Repairs
Dickey's Barbecue Pit Class Action